The boiler is mounted on the wall like any other boiler. To produce your own hot water, simply plug your PV module into the boiler. This takes less than 10 seconds.
And now a little more detailed instructions.
1. The boiler is mounted on a suitable wall with suitable screws. A suspension system for the boiler is included in the delivery.
2. The second step is to connect the boiler to the water supply grid.The connection is done like any other boiler.
3. In the last step the PV modules are connected to the boiler. The connection is done intuitively and within a very short time. No tools are required.
No problem! Optionally, an external power supply unit can be connected to the photovoltaic boiler. The power supply unit is automatically switched on during bad weather phases or in case of increased heat demand and ensures that water is always kept at a certain minimum temperature. A 230V grid connection must be available as a required condition for the additional heating.
You will be able to buy power supplies in the near future in our Online Shop.
No official formalities are required.
Since the photovoltaic boiler does not feed electricity into the grid, you do not need to register it. No registration is necessary.
There are several reasons for this:
1. Lower investment costs. Photovoltaic modules have become about 90% cheaper in the last 20 years.
2. The installation is much cheaper and easier, because only cables and no pipes have to be laid.
3. Unlike solar thermal systems, photovoltaic modules generate electricity (or heat) even during cloudy and cold weather. This is especially useful during the winter, when the heat is needed most.
4. There are no moving parts like pumps. This increases durability and reduces maintenance.
5. No frost protection of the pipes is necessary.